Restructuring & Insolvency
In times of persistent global economic and financial uncertainties, companies need to address the subject of restructuring and insolvency in a professional and prompt manner and must be prepared to avoid damages and cease opportunities at the same time. To make the right decision at the right moment is essential and needs to be based on a thorough understanding of the legal implications involved.
Our insolvency and corporate restructuring lawyers are well prepared to advise private and public companies of various industries, as well as their stakeholders and shareholders, how to deal with a financial crisis, whether as a creditor or debtor. We professionally guide the client through the applicable procedures, not only on a national but, if necessary, also on a multi-jurisdictional scale, by providing the complete range of legal services in this respect.
Our legal services in this area include:
- Corporate restructuring of companies in financial distress, in and out-of-court;
- Asset disposal and factory or company closures;
- Distressed M&A, including MBO;
- Insolvency and liquidation proceedings (debtor or creditor assigned);
- Cross-border insolvencies involving assets in Japan, also supporting foreign insolvency administrators;
- Representation of domestic and foreign stakeholders and shareholders;
- Overall legal risk assessment.